Saturday 16 January 2010

Starting what needs to be done..

I have never got the hang of housework, no natural talent for it. Unlike some, I lack the ability to just clean up as I go, straighten that cushion, sweep up the dust lurking in that corner, wash up without even thinking about it etc. Unfortunately my mind tends to chime in with a litany of reasons why this is such a massive imposition on my life, what a drag, a bore, a millstone around my neck. After a great deal of analysis I have come to the conclusion that it is the ongoing repetition aspect of the whole thing that confounds me. Grinding on and on, same thing every day, blah blah bleuuggh!
So now I am trying a different approach, I am just going to do it ... and not just the basic necessities like housework and cooking for my family, but the things that I have always distanced myself from with 'I could do that...' or 'I really should do that...' or 'when I get the time I will...'. I do believe that the time is now and that it really is time for me to just get on with it!
Wish me luck...

No comments: