Wednesday 20 January 2010

Running on the spot...

How is it possible to get up so early, sit down for one cup of tea, be on the go for 14 hours and yet still not actually accomplish enough to merit a red line on a list?
My littlest treasure woke me up at 6.30am and from that point on I was preparing meals, getting the littlest dressed and fed, putting loads into the washing machine, then the tumble dryer, washing up and wiping down, sweeping and vacuuming. Surveying the teetering pile of ironing then averting my gaze and doing a Scarlett. Just the usual that we all have to do. So much and yet so little. Running on the spot
My current JGOWIT is that door. So ugly and so sad that I could leave it no longer and started on it today. So far all I have managed to do is sand it down and remove the door furniture and there was me blithely assuming that I could just give it a quick wash down with some sugar soap and get busy with the paint brush and it would be dry and shiny bright by the time Mr H got back from work. Feel free to mock, it is taking forever, both from sheer ineptitude on my part and interruptions from the youngest member of the family. Perhaps DIY and babies really don't mix...if it hadn't been for CBeebies I don't know what I would have done...
As a basically lazy person I am having to give myself constant peptalks along the lines of 'if a job is worth doing, it's worth doing well' and stuff about having pride in the smallest of tasks, I find it so much easier when I am saying it to MrH! Ah well, onward and upward, if I set my completion date to the end of January, I might just make it...

No comments: