Monday 18 January 2010

Know your enemy

I have spent a fair bit of time over the last few days thinking about what to write about in this blog. One of the things I realised was that in order to make the changes I want to make I have to Know My Enemy. This would seem to involve really looking at my surroundings to identify the changes I need to make and perhaps more importantly peering nervously into my motivations or lack thereof and giving them a prod towards the positive.
I will henceforth be identifying my issues as JGOWIT a.k.a. just get on with its - I will save the acronym JFGOWIT for those really irritating issues. You may make your own decisions about what the F stands for. I have decided that I will save all my favourite swear words for really important occasions. I use them entirely too much in my everday life and with a toddler who is just starting to talk a little less effing and blinding would not go amiss.
So, today's JGOWIT was to clean the smeary remnants of that vile fake christmas snow from the windows. Hoorah, I managed it! Then, while I had cloth and spray in hand I migrated into the hall to tackle the glass panels of the inner front door. The only drawback is that I got to really examine how ugly this door is. And this is what confronts guests to my house when I invite them in! It's a wonder more don't leg it...I shall try to post a picture just to share the beauty of it all...

No comments: