Thursday 29 September 2011

Taking the plunge..or what this blog is really about..

I can spend hours and hours wandering around blogland, stopping off when something catches my eye then discarding the site or delving backwards if I like the feel of it or it strikes a chord.  There are many blogs that I drop into every so often, funny ones, funny mum ones, crafty ones, English, American, Norwegian, teaching ones, rude ones, naughty ones, spiritual ones, home decorating ones, cooking ones, entirely made up ones and ruthlessly honest ones...the list is endless.  There is a certain reluctance in me to fully commit to this mainly because I'm not sure quite how I want this blog to represent myself.
I am a mum to a teenager and a toddler , I am a wife - for the 2nd time, I like to make stuff but I also make lots lists of stuff I'd like to make,  I want my home to be a haven of beautifully decorated characterful calm and cosiness but I am fundamentally lazy and crap at doing housework, I brim over with ideas for stories and books but lack the courage to actually put them down on paper.
Some people suffer from such fear of failure that they devote their lives to success at their chosen endeavours, others -yours truly- spend their lives preventing themselves from trying just in case they are not the successes they are sure they could be.

So...I have no idea what this blog will be about, whether I'll be a mummy blogger, a craft blogger, a foodie blogger, a naughty blogger or a big blank space...I think I shall just whack on anything that strikes me as interesting or funny or cool and see what happens...



No comments: