Thursday 28 July 2011

40ish for 40ish

Throughout the last year I wrote a list of things I wanted to do and learn and achieve. My aim was to cushion the blow of hitting 40 by having something to show for it...Obviously 2 wonderful boys and a more than tolerable husband as well as a veritable bouquet of lovely friends is an achievement in itself - but I digress.
One of the things that I have learned over the past few years is not to set myself cut and dried 'Do By' dates and times. My to do lists used to be whip crackers which always ended up being a big fat confirmation of total failure. Then I chilled out and realised that, for me, setting a time to finish (or start) something was a guarantee of abject failure - some deep-seated fear of success type thing happening here but I think I'll let that little psychosis slumber in the depths of my sub-conscious for a little while longer. So now I makes my lists but more as an encouragement and reminder than as words writ in stone that must be obeyed.
Anyhoo, somewhere on this blog I have made my list of things to do and I will document each one that gets that big beautiful tick...stay tuned for more exciting list news!

No comments: